Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Monday, October 29, 2007

Taming requires patience


I just finished watching the DVD My Best Friend with my two sons. It's a throughly delightful movie!

There's a quote in the movie from the book, The Little Prince used in reference to the subject of friendship. The quote was:

"if you tame me, then we shall need each other.
To me, you'll be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world …"

The movie made me think about this quote.

I think in order to be someone's friend we all need to be tamed; to be taught how to act right and be their friend. I think in order to have friends we have to be willing to take the time to tame people; to put up with their annoyances and teach them what we want and need.

To be patient; with both them and ourselves.

What do you think "taming" means?





No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin