Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thankfulness


This morning the pastor was making a point and referred to something in Psalm 100. Since the Psalm is short, I went ahead and read it. As I sat there reading the words my heart began to rejoice within me at their beauty:

1-2 On your feet now—applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourselves into his presence.
3 Know this: God is God, and God, God.
He made us; we didn't make him.

We're his people, his well-tended sheep.

4
Enter with the password: "Thank you!"
Make yourselves at home, talking praise.

Thank him. Worship him.
5 For God is sheer beauty,
all-generous in love,

loyal always and ever.

Psalm 100 (The Message)

God is indeed all powerful and generous and good. I am so thankful for all He's given me. I'm so thankful that He is loyal and I can always count on Him. When I go outdoors and see the magnificent world He has created I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I'm awed that He lets me into His presence.

1 comment:

Groovy Mom said...

Ahh. One of my favorite psalms. I read it daily for a while, just meditating on it. Nice to see that pop up on the screen when I came here. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin