Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Exhaustion

It seems like there are different seasons in my life which have a theme.

Right now the theme seems to be learning how to rely on God's strength and energy. The challenges at work and with my 15yr old son can leave me totally depleted and feeling like I've nothing left....

So I decided to turn to Philippians for my daily time in the word. It's been called the book of Joy and I figured I need joy right now especially. I keep returning to some verses I read there a few days ago; Philippians 2:12B - 13 (MSG):

Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God's energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.

Here I am again at that same point - it's got to be God's energy not mine!

I know I don't have what it takes to do all that's in front of me. I want to consciously grow in my ability to experience God's energy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin