Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Come to us like Rain

This morning I was totally captivated as the pastor read the following words from Hosea 6:3 (NASB):

"So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD
His going forth is as certain as the dawn;
And He will come to us like the rain,
Like the spring rain watering the earth."

Oh that I may press on to know God, that He would come to me like the rain with it's nourishment and refreshing!

I'm so acutely aware of my need of God.

My job is so much bigger than I can possibly do. If I let myself I'll be totally overwhelmed at work; or I could work way too many hrs at the expense of the rest of my life. I continue to fail with my middle son; it seems like I constantly bicker with him. The grace, mercy, forgiveness and love that is so essential for marriage to work does not at all come naturally or easily to me; I'm constantly struggling (and often fail). I'm coming up on 2yrs in this new town and still haven't made any close friends (but I'm grateful that I do have a few acquaintances who may yet grow into friends).

My point here is that I SO NEED GOD.

So my heart is encouraged to keep pressing God. To keep seeking to know Him more. To put aside my will and selfishness and be more about Him.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin