Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

You get what you ask for

Every since I started this job a year ago, I daily  pray for wisdom.

Recently I received some very specific wisdom as to a way to do my job better.

I'd been thinking about how I spend too much time in my office and not enough time out on the unit. Although I walk through the building a few times each day, I feel like I'm not integrated enough with what's really going on. I have a lot of paper/computer work that needs to be completed.

Yesterday morning as I was waking up the thought came to me that I need to take my lap top and sit out at the nursing station and complete paperwork. I can't easily get internet connectivity at the nursing stations, but I can work on documents on the computer. Yesterday I spent about an hour and a half at station 3 and today I spent about an hour at station 2.  It's a good idea. I'm just sitting there doing my work, but the line staff are seeing me.  I'm overhearing things that are going on.  I find myself questioning why I didn't think of this before, but it just never occurred to me.

I'm grateful for the idea.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin