Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Seized by the power of a great affection

As I was reading Brennan Manning's book, The Ragamuffin Gospel, I was captivated by this account:

"Over a hundred years ago in the Deep South, a phrase so common in our Christian culture today, born again, was seldom or never used. Rather, the phrase used to describe the break though into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ was "I was seized by the power of a great affection". These words described both the initiative of God and explosion within the heart when Jesus, instead of being a face on a holy card with long hair and a robe with many folds, became real, alive and Lord of one's personal and professional life."

As I read these words I thought - I want that! I want to be seized by the power of His great affection. I want God real and alive in every area of my life.

How about you? Do you want to be seized by the power of His great affection?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin