Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I didn't get exactly what I asked for, but I'm still grateful

Photo from http://purpleinkllc.com/
Recently I wrote about how I felt good about myself because I asked for a raise.

Yesterday my boss was talking to me about something and let me know that my raise had been approved.  She asked me to complete the paperwork , scan it, email it to HR and cc the owner so that he wouldn't forget that he had agreed to it when it came time to sign off on it.  I received 79% of what I asked.

I am grateful that I received a raise.

This owner is very difficult to get to give people raises.  I've worked all year long very hard to pull out those few raises regarding which I was successful. I get the feeling that my boss really dragged it out of him.  I think he's foolish to come so close to giving me what I asked and not giving me it.  He does not realize, or perhaps not care, the message he sends.

I'm someone who runs his business.  I frequently have to use my own money because he is too new in business, growing too fast, and doesn't have the cash easily available.  When there's emergency repairs, it's my credit card that gets used.  Currently I'm out of pocket about $600 and it always takes around a month to get that money back (if I put through the paperwork right away and send a couple of reminders).

I'm sure grateful for the Word I read this morning:

"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23-24 (HCSB) 

May I work enthusiastically today.  I am not doing a good job here for the owner, I'm doing it for God.

Oh Heavenly Father, may I work as unto You today.  May I notice the people who work for me.  May I be a voice of encouragement and support.  May I work together with my staff to make a positive difference in the lives of these patients.  Thank You for Your goodness dear God.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin