Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Amidst the work craziness

This morning I was blessed by these words from Proverbs 27:9 (HCSB):

Oil and incense bring joy to the heart, and the sweetness of a friend is better than self-counsel.

Today has been a super challenging day at work.  At 6:30AM my cell phone rang with a phone call from work.  I've been running every since. Right now I decided to actually take a lunch break and use a moment to slow down and reflect.

Amidst all the challenges of the day I'm grateful that I am not alone.  God is always near me.  He's also given me some great people with whom I get to work.  I talked to my boss a few moments today about 2 pending lawsuits and horrible (and untrue)  newspaper articles about my facility. I'm grateful that she's my boss.  She's smart, she cares, and I feel like she understands me.  Our staff developer, director of rehab, dietary supervisor, medical records director and admissions director are awesome at their jobs. They are people with whom I can partner to fix things when it's needed.  The DON remains problematic, but she is smart and can be helpful sometimes.

Basically I'm just grateful to know that in the midst of all of this work craziness, I don't have to rely solely on my own counsel.  I've got God, His Word, my boss and these other people with whom I work.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin