Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Monday, August 3, 2015

A little thing can be a big blessing

As I was driving to work this morning I was listening to an audio book You can you will: 8 undeniable qualities of a winner.  As the author spoke about the 8th quality, serving others, I felt impressed.  I was praying that I would be more constructively positive and encouraging to the people with whom I work today.

Interestingly enough, it was me who ended up receiving encouragement today.

We have a really good employee who had to have surgery recently.  She had not worked for us a year yet so she was not eligible for FMLA.  Our company policy says that we will grant personal unpaid leave for up to 6 weeks.  This woman needed longer than that.  I helped her out so that she could keep her job.  This was not super hard for me to do.  It just took a bit of effort and figuring.  It didn't take a ton of my time. I took care of it a few weeks ago and forgot all about it.

When this employee came back today she not only gave me a thank you card, but it included a Starbucks gift card.  I was surprised because as an employer I typically give people thanks, cards, and gift cards.  I have rarely ever received anything from an employee to say thank you.

What a blessing!

May I not get too busy and forget to notice and speak out the good that people are doing.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin