Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, August 15, 2009

A good book if you're Hungry


Do you struggle with discontentment?

Do you long to be a woman characterized by the peace of God?

Then the book, Calm my Anxious Heart, may be for you. When I thought about why I enjoyed the book so much the phrase soul feeding came to my mind. It's a book I had to stop myself from reading more than one chapter of at a time because I wanted to keep reading.

But I forced myself to take it slowly so I could muse on the ways it applied to my life, ponder ways to utilize the ideas, and complete the bible study portion at the back of the book that's available for each chapter. I've also been enjoying getting back into scripture memorization since there's a memory verse with each chapter.

Reading this book, for me, has been as if my soul was hungry for something, only I didn't know what, and this book satisfies that hunger.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin