Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Monday, November 5, 2007

Presidential Candidates


I've become convicted lately of how little I know about the current potential presidential candidates.

Because, most likely just like you, I don't have unlimited free time, I've searched for a simple way to find out where these people really stand on the issues. I mean, let's face it, everyone's political campaign you-tube/infomercial makes them sound awesome. Basically I believe that's because they all love our country and want to do a good job. But I want to find out what these candidates believe and how they will act in regard to issues I think are important.

I've found a great starting place for my inquiry: ontheissues.org. This site provides an unbiased, purely informational outline of where the candidates stand on issues of importance. The site uses quotes from the candidates and their voting history to arrive at their conclusions and you can follow back the quotes to the source information such as an interview, talk the candidate gave somewhere, etc.

As I'm looking into various candidates, I'll be posting what I like/dislike about them. These posts will always be labeled "Presidential Candidates". So if you're interested, you can find these posts to check them out via the Labels section on the left side of the blog.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin