Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The key of trusting God

Photo from http://www.24-7worship.org
I've been struggling a lot at my current job.  Feel like I've been treated poorly, and then had a person brought in who is directly above me.  In all fairness this person has very different strengths and weakness than mine and between the two of us we have a lot of powerful strengths.  If I'm really honest I'm jealous; I don't feel like this person is more valuable or better but she's making 25% more money and is now my boss.  But, it's like my husband John said to me; I'm only meant to follow God's path for me, not to worry about her path or what's happening with her.     I've prayed about getting another job but so far nothing has panned out.  Not to mention that twice now during the past 6 months I've heard a voice that I think might be the Holy Spirit saying but will you trust me in this job?

So in this current set of circumstances I read the following verse this morning that spoke to my heart:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13 (NIV)

I want joy, peace, and hope.  I know from experience that it's not something I can manufacture.  I remembered anew as I read these lines that only the Holy Spirit can produce joy, peace and hope in my life.  Saw anew that the key is trust in God.

There's a line in The Cure that I read not long ago: "Where you are right now is the perfect place for you, or the God of all goodness and power would not allow you to be there".

So I'm here.  I'm seeking by His power in me to trust Him.  I'm trying to every day have an attitude that is open to how God would want me to reach out to the people with whom I work and the patients who it's our job to care for.   Because of this change in my perspective I'm finding little things each day to bring me satisfaction and joy:  When two officers commented on how happy I always seen at work and I could tell them that God is good, when a patient thanks me for caring and helping him, when this new boss looks at me in an odd way and comments on how she just doesn't understand why I'm so nice.

Bill Thrall makes the statement that the process of destiny is humility, submission, obedience, and suffering.  So obviously my current situation puts me in a great place to be part of that process. 


3 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"Where you are right now is the perfect place for you, or the God of all goodness and power would not allow you to be there".

Maybe God is asking you to witness to others around you at work through the way you live. Trust Him, and He will give you the right opportunities.

God bless you always.

RCUBEs said...

You know how your journey touches my own as I also go through this battle regarding my position & history of disability from the past. Disability that never really affected me as I pour all my effort in completing my job assignment, no matter how challenging. I look around & see many lazy nurses who earn praises and get paid higher than I. I used to be upset. But the Lord used my forced leave to have me really look what those people have and what I have. How shameful I became to know the truth that in Him we always have so much more. That reflection changed my attitude. Some knew work supervisors who abuse their power didn' t want to accommodate me. They thought I would suffer. They are surprised how joyful I remained. I tell them it' s only by God' s grace I am able to survive. I look at them now with sadness. The things they are working hard for never last. If we truly learn to trust the Lord, He is God Who doesn't change so we know His promises are true. People in this world and even by our spiritual enemies can take away what we have. But Who do we have left but God? God Who supplies all of our needs in the first place.

I pray that you will learn to endure. It' s easy to say the words we know but harder to put sometimes in our actions. But we all battle not with our power but by His. I know that He will be glorified in the end despite your difficult journey. I pray you will always remain strong in the Lord's mighty power.

Thank you sister for keeping me in your prayers. I was talking about fighting the demonic forces where said loved ones to visit got involved. I will just concentrate upon the Lord. No matter what He already overcame! So we will overcome!!!

Andrea said...

Praying for you!
Hugs,
andrea

Blog Widget by LinkWithin