Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Sunday, January 9, 2011

All this and heaven besides

Today's sermon brought up a lot of thoughts for me. I'll most likely be processing and posting my thoughts stimulated by it for the next few days.

A phrase that came up during the sermon today caught my attention: all this and heaven besides. It came up in relation to Matthew 19:29; where Jesus said that anyone who has lost possessions or relationships for Jesus' sake will receive back a hundred times as much in this life, and then eternal life. The pastor talked about how what we will receive back 100 fold may, or may not, be physical blessings. He talked about the gifts of the Spirit that we see in Galatians 5:22-23, and how Ephesians 1:3-4 tell us that we've been blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

As I sat there listening I thought of the many, many, blessings God has given me. In the physical realm there's my husband, children, and health. Then there's the fact that all my sins have been forgiven, that the Holy Spirit actually resides within me, God's presence and direction, His peace, His power, His Word.....so much and so good - and we get heaven too!

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by God's goodness and blessing in your life?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I sometimes feel I have been so blessed something is not right! God's forgiveness is amazing and His grace in making our family faithful are blessing beyond anything I deserve.

RCUBEs said...

I often think I don't deserve those blessings yet He continues to bless me more than what I can imagine. His love is truly indescribable! God bless.

May said...

God have been pouring abundant of blessings in my life all the days of my life. God is good all the time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin