Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Letter to Devon on August 24, 2019

Photo from Zazzle
I'd posted the other day that I felt impressed to write & mail actual letters to some of the

important people in my life.  This is the one for my oldest son:


August 24, 2019

Devon,

I want to say how much I love you.

Sometimes in life I find that I think good things about people in my head, but fail to ever communicate those thoughts.  I want to make sure I explicitly let you know how much I respect and appreciate these specific things about you:
·       Your love and affinity for Rachel
·       Your diligence to do that which you believe is right even when it’s inconvenient
·       Your commitment to prayer
·       Your tenderness as a father
·       Your pursuit after learning how to be a good father and husband
·       Your allegiance to the principals/lifestyle of honor, duty and country
·       Your enjoyment of learning
·       Your commitment to being a great leader-to take ownership and to invest in those you lead
·       Your appreciation of music
·       Your whole hearted following after Christ as you know Him

I’m sure grateful to be your mother,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin