Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, October 3, 2009

May I passionately wait


Today I sent a card to my oldest son and, as I wrote the words from a favorite scripture into the card, I was blessed by these words anew:

I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left.

God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
to the woman who diligently seeks.
It's a good thing to quietly hope,
quietly hope for help from God.
It's a good thing when you're young
to stick it out through the hard times.

When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.
The "worst" is never the worst.

Lamentations 3:23-30 (MSG)

I'm captivated by that phrase: Passionately wait.

I always feel like I get so much more out of things when I hear the thoughts of others.

What comes to your mind when you read - passionately wait?

7 comments:

RCUBEs said...

That's beautiful...

I was imagining a promised gift waiting to be opened in His perfect time, as I learn how to passionately wait for that right moment to come. And as I do so, the more I'm being humbled by His love and grace. God bless you.

mandip said...

great job man, i m really imprese with ur thought. http://mandeleefbusiness.blogspot.com/

mandip said...

i m absoutley amazed.keep it up.
http://mandeleefbusiness.blogspot.com/

mandip said...

i m absoutley amazed.keep it up.
http://mandeleefbusiness.blogspot.com/

J Curtis said...

What comes to your mind when you read - passionately wait?

Waiting in prayerful reverence, anticipating that He knows my needs and His answer will be perfect for my situation.

Jenn said...

This is a wonderful passage...thank you for sharing it. I think your son will like these words...at least I hope he does!

Cheers! Jenn.

Tracy said...

Interesting JD & Rcube, how you both see the perfection of God's timing - aren't we so blessed?!

I think that passionately wait hit me because it reminded me of when my husband John & I were dating. Both of us had been married previously and had busy lives full of commitments. But we emailed frequently; one or more times daily (and let me tell you; my John can be so eloquent!) I remember how I'd wait for those emails with longing, thinking frequently about John and all the great things about Him, and I was exited and expectant- I waited passionately. I'm certain that since those days I've disappointed poor John more than once and of course there have been times he's disappointed me. But God never fails; I can wait on Him with all passion because His character is flawless.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin