Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Figuring this thing out

Rucube, from over at Off the Beaten Track, made a point about how perhaps that passage in Matthew 11:28-29 was not referring to God making it so that we would not be physically tired, but was saying that religion put extra stuff on us that relationship with Him does not. In Him we have life, hope, power, and peace.

To be candid, I don't always experience that hope, power, and peace. But I want to.

Lately it seems like God's bringing situations into my life that cause me to think back to other times in my life when I've been exhausted.  I don't know if His message to me is that physical exhaustion is just part of life, or if He's telling me something else.

I was captivated this morning by something I read by Francois de Fenelon:

"Should we feel at times disheartened and discouraged, a simple movement of heart toward God will renew our powers.  Whatever He may demand of us, He will give us at the moment the strength and courage that we need."

I appreciate Fenelon's point about a simple movement; not some big, hard, thing-just movement toward God.

Have you ever experienced a time when you just moved toward God and it caused changes in your life?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin