Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Week

Although I guess I'm what would be considered an "evangelical" there are many things that I appreciate about traditional "high church" observances. The celebration of Holy Week is one of them.

It seems to me that the devotional times of Holy Week help me move behind the joyful celebrations of Palm Sunday and Easter and look at suffering, humiliation, and death of my savior. Perhaps by walking through the sadness and darkness of Holy Week and Good Friday, in contemplating the horror and magnitude of sin and its consequences in the world that are incarnated in Jesus on the cross, I can come to a greater understanding of the light and hope of the resurrection of Jesus that we celebrate on Easter morning.

Are there special things that you do to make holy week meaningful for you?

Starting tonight I'll be writing about my devotion times this week. I'd be interested in hearing about the experiences of others as well.

1 comment:

KATHMANDU said...

HELLO!
I AM FROM NEPAL, MALE 40. WHILE I VISITED YOUR BLOGSITE, I HAVE MUCH IMPRESSION AND NOW I AM WRITING AS A REACTION.
PLEASE WRITE ME TOO, IF YOU LIKE TO

PLEASE VISIT IF YOU LIKE TO
HTTP://MERO-KURA.BLOGSPOT.COM
THANK YOU!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin