Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Broken before God


Repeatedly I find that my heart needs breaking.

To stay as I am naturally just doesn't work.

This morning I woke up and started to get some little things done around the house. My mind kept turning to how many things others in my family had not done that they should. I was a shrew toward my 16yr old son when I tried to get him to do some things around the house. I was thinking about how I really needed to "talk with" my husband about some things.

That's when I started to force myself to start softly singing praises as I continued to do a few little tasks. Then I took time for prayer and scripture reading.

My whole perspective changed.

Suddenly I was grateful for all the blessings around me. Ashamed for my attitude and my rudeness to my son. I apologized to him. I realized that, at least on this issue, I need to pray for my husband and let God deal with him concerning the situation; to extend to him from the vast supply of grace being given to me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin