Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Some goals for 2020

Image result for new growth in purple
Photo from The Bull
I don't want this to be about shame and guilt but I do want to constantly grow and change and set goals for myself. I want this to be about progress, not perfection

Spiritual

  • Read through the gospels twice - in 2 different translations during my morning time with God
  • 5Xs a week have a 3-5 minute time of  silence during my morning time with God ("be still and know that I am God" -Psalm 46:10)
  • Memorize one Bible verse a month
  • Read: Doors into Prayer: An Invitation by Emilie Griffin, Interior Castle by Teresa of Avilia, Life without Lack - Living in the Fullness of Psalm 23 by Dallas Willard, Fervent by Priscilla Schrier
  • Start volunteering as a tutor with homeless youth
  • Join a small Bible study group that meets at least twice a month 
  • Develop a relationship where I can help another woman to grow in her relationship with God
Physical
  • 5Xs a week take a walk for at least 30 minutes
  • Continue trying new ways to incorporate more vegetables into my diet - each week spend some time checking out vegetable recipes and trying out new ideas
  • Purposely try to reduce my sugar intake.  Compile a list of creative ways - unsweetened tea, have fruit for dessert, etc.
  • 3Xs a week use small dumbells for 5 minutes
  • 2Xs a week spend at least 5 minutes trying to do a yoga youtube
Vocational
  • Get a Key Factor developed for the Program Department
  • Thoroughly complete spend downs weekly-stay within expense budget
  • Week days complete my key factor-ensure NHPPD hrs requirement met daily and OT limited to only essential-shift coverage
  • Develop a performance metric for social services
  • Reduce meal penalties for my building
  • Develop a staff retention program for my building
  • Have a systematic method consistently practiced for DPH reported incident paperwork file thoroughness
  • Increase meaningfulness of QAPI program
  • Work with DON to increase her focus on specifics of resident medical needs
  • Work with PD to take ownership
  • Work with BOM to be kinder and less stressed in her approach to staff and herself
  • Work with Maintenance director to start his day with a facility walk through and follow up (also to be purposeful in his schedule to avoid meal penalties and to use me if needed)
  • Work with HIM to develop some reasonable vocational goals for herself
Relational
  • Implement listening skills with John - really listen to him
  • Increase spoken affirming and complementary words to John
  • Decrease focus on John's character defects or annoying habits
  • Get together with Daniel once a month
  • Make sure to go see Devon & family in Monterey 3Xs this year
  • Make sure to go see Dylan & family in Washington once this year (might be in Florida)
  • Enjoy 7 Life House Theater productions with Shelia and Cindy this year
  • Make a new friend

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin