Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Gather me to be with you

I came across this prayer from Ted Loder in his book Guerillas of Grace; it echos the words in my own heart:

O God, gather me now                                                                                                                                
to be with you
as you are with me.                                                                                  

Soothe my tiredness;
quiet my fretfulness;
curb my aimlessness;
relieve my compulsiveness;
let me be easy for a moment.

O Lord, release me
from fears and guilts
which grip me so tightly;
from expectations and opinions
which I so tightly grip,
that I may be open
to receiving what you give,
to risking something genuinely new,
to learning something refreshingly different.

O God, gather me
to be with you
as you are with me.
Amen

Photo from My Quiet Place

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin