Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thinking about how God works

This morning I'm thinking on how God is working in my son Dylan's life. A while back I shared about how Dylan and his girlfriend were having a baby. Lillian Eden White came into our lives this past February.  She's beautiful and wonderful.  She is growing and changing every day.  She truly is a gift from God.

But what I'm thinking on this morning is how grateful I am for the changes in Dylan. Dylan's a wonderful person but we went through a really tough time his last two years of high school and first year of college.  He got into smoking dope, partying, being self confident to the point of unrealistic about himself.  It was a  hurtful and sad time.  I kept wondering what happened to all the seeds I'd sown into his life of love, truth, and God's word.

But lately I've been seeing some results from those seeds.  Once he found out his girlfriend Kelsie was pregnant, he stepped up to the plate.  He asked her to marry him (OK, OK, I'll be honest here - it bugs me that they are still engaged, have a kid and live together but aren't married yet.  I have to remind myself that it's their lives, not mine).  He moved in with her and took responsibility.  He is working 35 hours during 5 evenings a week.  He goes to school full time 2 nights and online.  While his girlfriend works during the day he stays home with Lilly and makes them dinner each night.  He's doing well in school and working toward his BS in Business.  He remains crazy about Lilly and in love with Kelsie.  He manages all their bills and works diligently to be frugal with their money. When we talk on the phone he never complains.  He talks about how fun Lilly is, what he's learning in school, new things he's tried cooking, and ways he's found to be wise with his money. He's a good man.  I admire him. I'm grateful for what God is doing in his life.

There is not a doubt in my mind that God used the birth of Lillian Eden to bring Dylan to his senses and get him off the destructive path he was taking.

I continue to pray that God would draw Dylan back to Himself.  That God would bring both Kelsie and Dylan to Himself.  That He would cause Dylan's heart to open up and desire to read the Word.  That they would meet another young couple who truly love God who will reach out to them - that they would get into a local church.

I'm grateful for what God's done, is doing, and will do in my son Dylan's life.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin