Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Getting to enjoy some good stuff

I've shared plenty in the past here about the hard times I've gone through these last couple of years with parenting challenges/frustrations and my job loss and job interviewing. Perhaps even because of all this, I find myself giving thanks to God and appreciating some good things that have happened lately.

On the parenting front I'm grateful to be able to say that my middle son did finish high school and keep his football scholarship. It's a division 2 school and he'll be red shirting his first year so it's only a partial scholarship, yet God blessed and we've got this first year covered so he won't have to take out any loans. The first week in August he'll be heading off to Nebraska (Chadron state college). He's driving with a friend of his who also has a football scholarship there; so I see another opportunity to trust God in my near future. This son is a good person but really impulsive; interesting is one word I could use to describe the thought of him driving that far with another 18-year old (anxiety could be another word but I'm choosing to trust God instead).

My youngest son has actually said the words I love you, and thanked me for stuff I've done for him, a few times in the last couple of weeks. I handled this matter of factly on the outside but boy was I shouting praise to Jesus on the inside! My husband John and I have both prayed our thank yous for what we believe to be the turning of the tide of this son's heart with regard to me. All I can say is that what is impossible with man is possible with God!

On the job front, God has blessed me with a job!!!

Of course I've had a job for the past 10 months and I do admit that I've enjoyed it. It's just that it pays 57% less than I used to make and was what I did 16 years ago for another company. This new job pays decent, uses more of my skills, has some exciting new challenges, and appears to have potential growth opportunity. Is God good or what?!

My new position will be Health Services Administrator (HSA) for an immigration detainment and processing center that is opening up not too far away. I'm excited about it being a new program and the opportunity I'll have to make a difference where that's concerned and to build a team. Health services are one of the most humane aspects of any detention center, so I'm looking forward to being part of a department that can make a positive difference in the detainees lives during what will be a super hard time for them. It's a bit different than what I've done in the past so I'm looking forward to trusting God to help me be "smarter than I am" (a phrase I learned from Beth Moore) so I can learn a lot of new stuff and still be effective.

What about you, what's some of the good stuff you've been enjoying lately?

5 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Since the intention of some people holding position at my work was for me to either quit or be terminated, I have so much comfort with this battle as my past experience reminded me how the Lord had blessed me with this job at Corrections after I got hurt from the hospital. So I am confident that whatever happens, it is Him Who has control anyway. I'm also grateful for the love and support my family has for me. Aside from Him, both of them always ease up my pain and help face this struggle with strength knowing they're also on my side along with Him. What can go wrong when we commit all of our plans with the Lord? He surely does make our paths straight!

Congratulations on your new job sister Tracy and I pray that the Lord will use you there in the new facility. It's a tough environment but at the same time, easy with some aspects. But what's gratifying is the spiritual growth we can have working in this kind of environment. Glory be to God! And may He protect you and guide you and give you His discernment.

So happy for the way things are going in your life, especially with your relationship with your sons. God bless.

John Cowart said...

Hi Tracy,

I'm glad that things are breaking well for you. About time, isn't it?

The Scripture that comes to my mind in reading your post is where Jesus said, "I was a stranger and ye took me in".

Glad you and John are doing what you are doing.

John Cowart
www.cowart.info/blog/

Tracy said...

Rcubes- Thanks. Yes my hope is that God would use me in my work. I know from what you've written, God's used you consistently in your work.

John - Speaking of taking people in, my 16 year old niece is coming to live with us. She's a lot like my middle son, but I love her and she's had so many troubles and such a hard life. I'm believing that God in His goodness will bless her during her time in our home (for at least these last 2 years of high school, maybe longer).

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praise the Lord.

Jenny said...

That's wonderful! I know you've been praying for a good job that helps you grow and all so I'm really happy for you. You deserve it :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin