Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My cowardly heart needs to learn to be silent

I'm often encouraged by the prayers of others. I'm inspired by that glimpse into the heart of another. Often I find bits of myself in others' prayers; and increased understanding. Here's part of just such a prayer by
Karl Rahner:

Though I find it so hard to serve you,
my weak and cowardly heart must learn to be silent and not to complain.
Rather should my mouth belie my heart - which wants to remonstrate with you - because in doing so it tells me of your truth, which is more important than mine:
Indeed, Lord, your service is good, your yoke is sweet and your burden light.

I thank you for all that you have asked of me in my life.
Be praised for the time in which I was born, glorified for my hours of happiness and my days of misery, blessed for everything that you have denied me.

Lord, though I am a lazy and head-strong servant, never dismiss me from your service.
You have power over my heart.
You have power over me even in the depths of my soul, where I alone am master of my eternal fate,
for your grace is the grace of eternal omnipotence.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN...great post!
Blessings, andrea

Michelle said...

That's greatly resonates.

RCUBEs said...

Beautiful prayer. I love that pic you posted, too, with that plant looking up to the heavens! After all, it's all about Him! God bless you sister. Have a great day.

photogr said...

Tracy: I found this to be inspiring. What inspires me more is having a relationship with God so that I can communicate with him.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin