Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Not about me

Here's a favorite prayer of mine from Thomas A Kempis' The Imitation of Christ. May this prayer encourage your heart as it does mine:

Lord, You know what is best; let this be done or that be done as You please. Give what You will, as much as You will, when You will. Do with me as You know best, as will most please You, and will be for Your greater honor. Place me where You will and deal with me freely in all things. I am in Your hand; turn me about whichever way You will. Behold, I am Your servant, ready to obey in all things. Not for myself do I desire to live, but for You - would that I could do this worthily and perfectly!

6 comments:

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh Tracy!!!!!

This was the perfect prayer for me to read today. WOW!

It reminds me of how we all need to be like Mary...."may it be done to me according to your word."

RCUBEs said...

When a heart completely surrenders to His Lordship, that's when the best transformation occurs in one's life! And leads to a worshipful heart and mind. Beautiful prayer! Have a great day sister Tracy!

Andrea said...

AMEN!

A Mother Always said...

Amen
lovely,

TY
BM

photogr said...

Nice prayer Tracy.Well put and meaningful.

Anonymous said...

Learning to wait on the Lord, doing His will not mine. Beautiful message.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin