Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goals for 2008


Goals are helpful to me because I can have something I'm aiming toward instead of just wandering aimlessly.

I spent some time in prayer and came up with some goals for this year that I want to take some time a few times during 2008 to evaluate my progress on. Here's my goals:

1. Find a meaningful activity I can do on a regular basis that really helps others.

2. Read these books:

*"Lost: Discovering Ways to Connect with the People Jesus Misses Most " by Jim Henderson
*"Lord, Teach Me to Pray" by Kay Arthur
*"Becoming a Woman of Influence" by Pam Farrell
*"Weightless Flying Free" by Joni Jones
*"Eat This Book: A Conversation in the Art of Spiritual Reading" by Eugene Peterson
*"Love & Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

3. Increase the frequency of holding my tongue with my husband when I'm upset and choosing to act respectfully no matter how I'm feeling at that moment.

4. Lose 40 lbs.

5. Develop at least one close friendship in this new town.

6. Find something fun I can do with my 2 sons who're still at home. This may be different activities with each son since they're very different from one another.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin