Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Change

https://d2r55xnwy6nx47.cloudfront.net/uploads/2017/01/Glitch_birds_2K1.gif
Graphic from Quanta Magazine
I kind of feel embarrassed to even mention this word: Menopause.

For a while now I've been trying to pretend that it doesn't affect me in any way, but the truth is that it does.  Symptoms include: hot flashes, night sweats, troubled sleep, anxiety, fatigue, and the sometimes over the top emotional response to situations.

I have to be on my guard for the emotional thing so I don't respond to what I feel. I have to stop and say to myself - yes I know this situation/person is really annoying, but do you think that the intensity of these feelings is much more than the situation warrants?  When I realize that this is the case I pray.  If it's at work I also take a walk outside for 10 or more minutes.  Basically I just don't let myself act on those feelings.


In 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 the apostle Paul talks about his ow famous "thorn in the flesh".  I keep thinking about the 9th verse when Paul is relating how he asked God to remove his thorn in the flesh and what the Lord said to him: 

Each time he said, "No But I am with you; that is all you need. My power shows up best in weak people". Now I am glad to boast about how weak I am; I am glad to be a living demonstration of Christ's power, instead of showing off my own power and abilities (TLB)

I keep reminding myself that this is an opportunity to really depend on Him, 'cuz I really can't control this.

I pray that He would use me any way.  I'm more weak than ever before in my life.  I don't have control over what I'm feeling or how my body is acting.




1 comment:

Merlin Kristianti said...

while holding true to the station's Christian tenor, is of major market caliber and mass appeal, and competes with the market's leaders in ratings.
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
bandar ceme
hobiqq
paito warna terlengkap
http://199.30.55.59/dewaqq78/
datahk

Blog Widget by LinkWithin