Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, October 24, 2015

The work team

What impressed me most about a recent 2-day meeting with my work was the leadership team.

We'd come to Vegas to meet together at one of the facilities owned by the company for which I work.  The meeting was with all the administrators, directors of nursing (DON), and directors of rehabilitative therapy (DOR).  The company owns 8 buildings.  In addition to the 24 leaders there were the resources team consisting of 1 PT, 1 OT, 2 RNs, & 2 LVNs.  There was also my boss who is the clinical director of the company and is an RN.

The first day was a very jam packed teaching day.  By the end of the day my brain felt fried.  Day 2 started with more conversational learning and then progressed into awards.  It had been set up so that every facility was awarded for something outstanding about that facility and leadership team.  There was lots of sharing of stories and laughter.

Things have been over the top difficult at work recently.  We're entrenched in a lawsuit that has turned into a class action situation with 7 participants currently.  It breaks my heart.  There have been so many challenges and some days I'm so exhausted at the end of the day that I wonder how I'm gonna make the 40-minute drive home.

But sitting there, watching my boss and the resource team for those 2 days, stirred something on the inside of me.  Several of them, my boss included, have a genuine love for God and people.  That love permeates everything that they do. I relate to these people better than any group I've ever been a part of.  What my boss is trying to build here is something I want to be a part of.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin