Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Monday, May 6, 2013

Missing

Sometimes I miss it
not because meaning is hidden between the lines,
but because my head is in a different place
and I don't understand.
Seems like others caught what I missed.
Big things are happening,
all centered around the theme
of the meaning I missed.
I feel stupid
and I hate it.

Disconnected.

I can't feel anything
stronger than the gratitude that overwhelms me,
because even when I'm dumb
and disconnected,
You still want me.
You still draw me to you.
In You I have
hope amidst my darkness.

Connected.

You bring purpose
even to those who aren't the best and brightest,
people like me.
Photo from http://www.ivanshaw.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin