Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Saturday, April 14, 2012

What now?

This passage from James 4:7-10, the way Peterson paraphrases it in The Message, is one I come back to repeatedly:

7-10 So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet.

This is where I'm at right now in my life. I tried and tried to get a better job and finally landed what I thought was a career future job and now for the last 8 months that I've been there it's like I lost my life. I've worked all kinds of crazy hours and been tired and confused and it's felt like it never ends...

But my life is not about my work. My life is first and foremost about seeking to see what God is doing and what He wants from me, what He wants to do through me. My life is about letting Him use me in the relationships in my day to day life.

I feel the need for more time away with just God and I right now, to allow Him to make some changes in me so that He can make me more useable.

What about you, what new things is God doing in your life?

6 comments:

John Cowart said...

Hi Tracy,

Remember when we prayed for you to land this job? Then rejoiced when you did?

Perhaps this is your daily cross. I hope it lightens soon.

John Cowart
www.cowart.info/blog/

RCUBEs said...

I pray for His gift of discernment. My job is rather easier in the jail compared to the hospital but the problem and what makes it harder are the people. People I work with.

I believe that as we suffer, the more things from this world is being stripped away from us. It's not fun. It's not easy. May His strength always be yours sister Tracy. God bless.

Just Be Real said...

Great post Tracy. A lot to gain from this. Blessings.

A Mother Always said...

I used to work like this, never seeing the sun at the end of the day, and also to the point of loosing awareness of being a mother a few years ago.

So I can truly say, thank God stepped in or I would have continued my mindless course.

I am happier now by all accounts, since life is no longer passing me by.

God shows the way, Tracy I pray he grants you strength and the answers you seek.

BM

RCUBEs said...

Happy Mother's Day sister Tracy! God bless.

Tracy said...

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers-I really appreciate it

Blog Widget by LinkWithin